10 Symptoms of Yeast Infections In Men

By albert
Reviewed: Dr. Gromatzky
Article Sources Article Sources
Medical Expert Medical Expert

While yeast infections are more common in women, they also affect men. Most yeast infections are caused by a fungus known as Candida albicans which is present in various parts of the body, including the mouth, the gut and other moist areas like the groin. Yeasts can also live in the armpits, and the spaces between the fingers and between the toes. The presence of yeasts within and on the body normally poses no danger. However, if they grow too fast, they can cause infections on parts of the body including the mouth, the esophagus and the gut.

Yeast infections can cause a lot of discomfort. However, some infected men show no signs. But how would a man know that he has a yeast infection? Keep reading to discover the 10 most common yeast infection symptoms in men.

Symptom #1: Red Rash On The Penis

A red rash on the penis can be a sign of yeast infection. In other instances, white, shiny patches cover the penis. In both cases, itching and a burning feeling may also be present. The folds of skin on the penis and the space under the foreskin hold moisture and warmth. This provides the type of condition in which yeasts can grow faster than usual.

The resultant overgrowth of yeasts leads to the appearance of the rash and other associated symptoms. Penile rash may also be caused by other infections including sexually transmitted infections. Whatever the cause, you should seek treatment for any rash on the penis.

Yeast Infection In Men

Home | Privacy Policy | Editorial | Unsubscribe | | About Us

This site offers information designed for entertainment & educational purposes only. With any health related topic discussed on this site you should not rely on any information on this site as a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, treatment, advice, or as a substitute for, professional counseling care, advice, treatment, or diagnosis. If you have any questions or concerns about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.